Our current Science topic is 'Electricity' and we were very lucky to participate in the BBC Live Science Lesson last week. We watched a real scientist explaining how circuits work and which materials are good conductors and insulators. It was interactive and lots of fun. We have already registered for the next one in January 2017!
You can see the lesson here:
In the Spring Term, our topic is Evolution and Inheritance. Here is an overview of the objectives and key vocabulary that we will be covering in this unit:
Evolution and Inheritance
In this unit we will learn:
- How to classify plants and animals according to their characteristics.
- How living things have changed over time and that fossils provide information about organisms that lived on Earth millions of years ago.
- To recognise that living things produce offspring of the same kind.
- To identify how animals and plants are adapted to suit their environment in different ways and this leads to evolution.
Enquiry Skill Focus:
- Plan different types of scientific enquiry to answer questions.
- Recognise and control factors/variables.
- Record data and results using diagrams, classification keys and graphs.
- Use your results to make predictions and set up further comparative and fair tests.
- Use results to draw conclusions and evaluate your investigations.